Senior Project Manager (Remote)
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to join our North American Specialty Underwriting team. This is a remote position and can be based anywhere in the United States. This senior level individual contributor role is responsible for the overall planning, coordination, and execution of three or more large scale projects / initiatives simultaneously. This will require the engagement of resources (often senior representatives) from multiple functional areas. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for strategic project planning, cost management, scheduling, and budgeting. The Senior Project Manager will ensure that team members and stakeholders have a clear understanding of project objectives and will assist in the identification of tasks, manage progress to plan, escalate issues as necessary and communicate on a regular basis to stakeholders and senior level management. This will include management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery.
- Manages all aspects of multiple projects to ensure overall program is aligned to and directly supports achievement of strategic objectives.
- Collaborates effectively with others in a variety of work settings. Works to ensure an atmosphere of teamwork, collaboration and empowerment is created for each project. Involves extensive interaction with customers, which may cross numerous business departments, as well as vendors and contractors.
- Implements project management practices for assigned areas and projects. Ensures projects are delivered on time and within budget. Adheres to high quality standards and meets customer requirements and expectations. Assembles project plans, team assignments, directs and monitors work efforts, identifies resource needs and escalates functional budgeting, quality and timeline issues.
- Provide leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones.
- Formulates alternatives and involves taking appropriate actions in accomplishing a variety of project related activities. Outlines the specifications for the deliverables/tasks in some cases and validates to ensure quality deliverable.
- Tracks key project milestones and adjusts project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of the customers. Keeps stakeholders apprised of project status.
- Reports on project success criteria results, project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership.
- Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for assigned projects.
- Program modeling, reporting and overall administration for some projects, including analysis and report generation as needed.
- Consults and provides direction and insight to the business units as to how to address/proceed a new opportunity, complicated merger and acquisition or method of reporting on a new program, system or product.
- Status abreast of industry and insurance trends.
- Ability to quickly comprehend business need(s) and apply solution approach; able to direct and lead project team to that end.
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business areas.
- Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in project management methodologies and tools and understand human resources policies and practices and change management techniques.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as listening and comprehension skills, collaboration and influencing skills.
- Must have proven ability to analyze problems and comprehend impacts of problem, recommending cost effective solutions with minimal project impact, demonstrating teamwork throughout.
- Build and maintain relationships by engaging business leaders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives.
- Self-motivated, decisive, with ability to adapt to change and competing demands.
- Experience in meeting facilitation and conflict resolution.
- Must demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office suite as well as spreadsheet and relevant applications and programs related to project management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree OR equivalent work experience required.
- At least 10 years of IT, Insurance and/or project management experience. Project Management professional certification desirable, but not required.
- Prior management, supervisory or team leader experience helpful.
Plymouth MN, Remote
At Intact Insurance Specialty Solutions we are experts at what we do. Our deep understanding of the specialty insurance market is the foundation for our customized solutions, backed by targeted risk control and claims services. Our employees are passionate about providing insurance coverage thats aligned to our targeted customer groups. Today, we help protect over a dozen industries with tailored coverages and services.