Services Undergrad Engineering Intern
Are you passionate about working for a company with an unparalleled commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities? Join us as an Engineering Intern on our Dell Technologies Services team in Round Rock, TX, Hopkinton, MA (or remote) to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
Dell Technologies Services (DT Services) is an organization within Dell.
Dell Technologies Services helps customers accelerate their digital journey and achieve outcomes.
Through an ecosystem of augmented intelligence, passionate experts, automated processes, and unmatched reach, we deliver end-to-end, modernized services from home to work, IT datacenters to the cloud.
Our services are strategic to growth drivers for Dell Technologies overall and continue to experience growth in the sector.
Our global team covers Sales, Portfolio Management, Service Delivery, Supply Chain, Data Science, Engineering, and more.
What you ll achieve
Dell Technologies Services (DT Services) is currently looking for interns in the field of Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences to work on complex solution delivery excellence.
We focus on completing comprehensive technical assessments of complex solutions.
Our goal is to achieve customer outcomes through improved complex solution delivery and operational management.
- Work within Dell Technologies Services teams to improve delivery and service readiness on complex solutions.
- Piloting updated assessment methodologies in solution environments.
- Anticipate operational, program, implementation issues, and develops preventative measures.
- Adapt projects, programs or methods based on customer or business partner feedback.
- Work across the organization to effectively obtain and allocate resources to complete programs and projects on time.
- Frequently interacts with Executives, Directors, Senior Managers, peers, project/program managers, operations, marketing, finance, and other internal and external customers
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table.
Here s what we are looking for with this role:
- Enrolled in an accredited Bachelor of Science program in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Systems Engineering Technology or Computer Sciences.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies.
- Possess basic understanding of software operating systems including Microsoft based products.
- Possess system level understanding of computing technologies.
- Able to carry out independent research using analytical techniques
- Able to write and analyze requirements, functional specifications, design specifications, test plans, and documentation.
- Must be able to effectively interface with others inside and outside the Engineering function
- Must have strong verbal along with written communication and presentation skills
- Able to organize and manage multiple projects, set priorities, and work independently under aggressive timelines
- Strong understanding of hardware and software interactions, and able to apply this understanding to resolve issues
- Experience creating and presenting reports using common Microsoft tools (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint)
Here s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow.
Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world.
We re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life - while still having a life.
We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn t stop there.
We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era.
Join us and become a part of what s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.